filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Pissed Consumer Interviews ?

Benefit Wallet (BW) mislabeled a return of an incorrect distribution to my Health Savings Account (HSA), clearly marked as such. They are offering no solution to the problem before the deadline for presenting my income taxes. Also, BW mailed me a Form 5498-SA for 2017 that erroneously states that the total contributions to my FSA during 2017 amounted to $3,226.85, less than the maximum allowable of, in my case, $4,500. Its website offers no useful guidance, and a rude customer service rep confirmed on March 30 the mistaken figure. I therefore made a deposit for the missing $1,273.15. I now have to reverse this erroneous deposit; BW informs me that it will charge me $25 for the privilege. So BW sent me false information, confirmed it on the phone, and charges me extra as a consequence of its incompetence.
Made a request for HSA withdrawal online on Nov. 6th, screen said my submission was successful. Saw it was on hold for "security reason" on the 7th, so I called and was told withdrawals were "held" but but I would the money in 5 to 7 days. On the 12th the transaction...
BenefitWalletCCC

- We apologize if your experience with the ACH reimbursement option on our BenefitWallet website was anything other than exceptional. This remains our goal, so we would like to clarify and bring positive resolution for you.

Our service management team would like to learn more about your specific situation and research your concerns. If you would send a private message with your contact information to us at info. Mybenefitwallet at Conduent dot com, one of our senior service managers would be eager to get in touch with you. We look forward to connecting with you and working towards providing your resolution and restoring satisfaction.

In regards to your claim of a "Loss: $1000" = any "monetary loss" could only have come from theft and fraud of your debit card or checks. BenefitWallet takes fraud very seriously and you should call us and report it immediately if this has occurred in your HSA. If a debit transaction is cancelled, the funds would remain in your HSA and this is not a monetary loss. "Demand all kinds of personal data be entered on their website" = To clarify, to log into your account online you need only use your user ID and password, both of which you create.

If an extra security step were required, it would be another passcode. These are not made up of your "personal data". If you create a DirectPay transaction then where you want the funds sent would be required. This payment method is optional and you can also use your funds by checkbook or debit card.

For the protection of our members' accounts, we have standard banking security measures in place. Members may be required to verify some ACH debits from the account to ensure they were actually created by the account holder. A transaction may be suspicious for multiple reasons. A BenefitWallet representative makes a phone call to alert the member and to confirm these transactions.

In some instances, we reach a recording and have to leave a general message to call us back and some accounts do not have a current phone number on file. We apologize if we were unable to reach you regarding the transaction. This would be the reason it was deleted, for the security of your account. In regards to DirectPay timing: ACH payments are electronic payments made through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) Network.

Funds move from one bank account to another with the help of an intermediary that routes funds to the final destination. The timing for an ACH transfer to complete is stated online, in your account, in the same location where you initiated the transfer. The issue date is the date we begin processing your reimbursement.

Please allow 5 to 7 business days for payment to reach your account. Thank you for your patience.

Benefitwallet Account
Cons
  • Demand all kinds of personal data be entered on their website
  • Customer service
Problems with payment
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
I am the legal personal representative / executive of my deceased sister's estate which is currently in probate. She has a Benefit Wallet HSA. I mailed via US Postal Service the official certified Death Certificate AND my Letter of Admin / Executor. I am able to log...
BenefitWalletCCC

-Please accept our apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced with BenefitWallet. We offer our condolences for your loss.

Our service management team would like to learn more about your specific situation and research your concerns. If you would send us a private message with your contact information and the account holder's name to info.mybenefitwallet at conduent.com, one of our senior service managers would be eager to get in touch with you. We look forward to connecting with you and working towards providing your resolution and restoring satisfaction. Please be assured all of our agents speak English.

If you refuse to speak to a person in Manila or Jamaica then you can request a transfer to one of our many, other call centers in the United States. In regards to your statement: "I am ACTING as my sister", "ANYTHING she could do on this account I can do and I am demanding the immediate release of these funds" - Due to HIPAA laws and standard banking privacy regulations, the call center may not be able to provide you account details if you are not listed as a contact in the account. As for the monthly maintenance fee - You stated the online access shows the account is now closed. No fees will post to the account now that it is closed.

The newly closed status would also indicate that the bank is processing the death certificate you sent. They will send the certificate back to you and will advise if any additional information is needed.

If there are listed beneficiaries on the HSA, the balance will be disbursed as indicated on the beneficiary form. Thank you for your patience.

Service
Benefitwallet Customer Care
Cons
  • Terrible customer service
Preferred solution
Provide payout on my deceased sister's HSA account to the probate Estate immediately.
  • Benefit Wallet Hsa
  • Overseas Customer Service
  • Esate Issue
  • Information Lack
Signed up because it was offered by our company. It’s supposed to help offset any deductibles. My wife has tried to use it but almost everything is denied. You can download all the receipts but they’re still denied. If you call customer service you’ll get someone with...
BenefitWalletCCC

- Please accept our apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the FSA claims process. Our service management team would like to learn more about your specific situation and research your concerns.

If you would send a private message with your contact information to us at info.mybenefitwallet at conduent dot com, one of our senior service managers would be eager to get in touch with you. We look forward to connecting with you and working towards providing your resolution and restoring satisfaction. For general information, all FSA claims need approval, according to IRS requirements. Some claims need substantiation documents.

Some purchases will need to be substantiated with detailed receipts or an Explanation of Benefits (EOB). Use of an FSA debit card does not remove or reduce the requirements for proof of eligibility under IRS regulations. Each time a claim needs to be substantiated, multiple letters are sent to the account holder that advise what is needed. Distributions from an FSA and claims' substantiation requirements are explained by the IRS at the IRS website.

You can also call the IRS or consult a tax professional for further clarification. Please note your employer contracted BenefitWallet to abide by these IRS regulations. BenefitWallet services these accounts to ensure there are not IRS penalties for ineligible claims. FSAs are set up by employers and funded through the employer, as it is part of an employer's health insurance benefits.

Please be assured all of our agents speak English. If you refuse to speak to a person in Manila or Jamaica then you can request a transfer to one of our many, other call centers in the United States.

Benefitwallet Flexible Spending Account
Pros
  • Zero customer service
Cons
  • Process you have to go thru
  • Terrible customer service
  • Providing requested backup material then not getting reimbursed
Full refund
  • Ignorant Staff
On the FSA side, I have previously sent in identical information for dental expenses and had no trouble. They paid and I never heard a word. On my last 3 submissions, they informed me that my receipts were not receipts even though I submitted the identical receipts as...
BenefitWalletCCC

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the FSA or DCAP claims process. Our service management team would like to learn more about your specific situation and research your concerns.

If the employee were to forfeit any remaining funds in the account, these funds would be returned to their employer, in accordance with IRS guidelines. In regards to sending payment to your care provider, this is dependent upon how you create and submit the claim. You would have to submit the claim for self-reimbursement instead of submitting it for payment to the provider. You can enter your account information online so that it will be made as a direct deposit.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.

View more comments
Service
Benefitwallet Customer Care
Preferred solution
I want my receipts approved and my Dependent care reimbursements directly deposited in my account instead of a check being sent to the provider.
It says it takes 5-7 business days to process yet I have two that are processing since 9/20 & 9/27. Same as the 100s of other reviews, they don’t care and they’re customer service is rubbish. This is the only tax year I’ll use BenefitWallet. I’m closing it and going...
BenefitWalletCCC

- Please accept our apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced with BenefitWallet. Our service management team would like to learn more about your specific situation and research your concerns.

If you would send a private message with your contact information to us at info.mybenefitwallet at conduent.com, one of our senior service managers would be eager to get in touch with you. We look forward to connecting with you and working towards providing your resolution and restoring satisfaction. In regards to your claim of a " Loss: $999999", this is inaccurate, perhaps a typo? Any "monetary loss" could only have come from theft and fraud of your debit card or checks.

Review
Pros
  • Easy to sign up
Cons
  • Maintenance fees
  • Basically everything the company did was of no value
  • Basically everything else
Order processing issue
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
  • Slow Processing
  • Inaccurate And Misleading Quotes
  • Ignorant Staff
  • Overseas Customer Service
2.6
Company keeps telling me 5 to 7 days. Health savings accounts are regulated by the U.S. Treasury Department. I am calling them to file a formal complaint on Bennefit Wallet.
BenefitWalletCCC

Once we obtain your account information, we will be able to confirm the account is closed or close the account for you. We look forward to connecting with you and working towards providing your resolution and restoring satisfaction.

View more comments
Benefitwallet Health Savings Account
Preferred solution
Make the direct deposit to my checking account in a timely manner!
1. Closed account in January 2019 2. Had to go online to request the balance to be paid out to me from closed account. I did this 3. Never received a check 4. they continued to debit my account with all kinds of fees every month AFTER MY ACCOUNT WAS CLOSED! 5. Every...
BenefitWalletCCC

-Please accept our apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced with your HSA. Our service management team would like to learn more about your specific situation and research your concerns.

If you would send a private message with your contact information to us at info. Mybenefitwallet at Conduent dot com, one of our senior service managers would be eager to get in touch with you. Once we obtain your account information, we will be able to confirm the account is closed and have the bank issue you a check for the balance. If there is any agent error found, the monthly maintenance fee could be reversed.

We look forward to connecting with you and working towards providing your resolution and restoring satisfaction. For general information: BenefitWallet provides multiple options to use your HSA funds. You can use your debit card, write checks from your checkbook, or issue checks or electronic payments/reimbursements online. It is not clear why you would close the account in January without first using one of these options to remove the balance.

When an HSA is closed, the member then has two months to use the funds before any Monthly Maintenance Fee is assessed. There is no Monthly Maintenance Fee for an average balance of $1000 or more. For the DirectPay option, to issue a check to yourself, you would enter your address and the check would automatically be mailed to you by the U.S. Postal Service.

If multiple checks were issued and mailed, this would show online, where you created the checks. BenefitWallet agents do not have the ability to cancel any of your DirectPay transactions. These checks would be considered lost in the mail and you should report this and put a "stop" on these checks. The check stop would require your permission.

BenefitWallet takes fraud very seriously and you should call us and report it immediately if this has occurred in your HSA. If the account is closed and the funds remain in your HSA, this is not a monetary loss.

Benefitwallet Account
Pros
  • Sending me a request for my fb page
Problems with payment
Full refund
First time I went to pay a provider, two providers -one for 250.00 and the other for 500 something, they put a hold for a fraud alert. Apparently you cannot pay more than one provider in a day? When I called to get this resolved to say it was I making the payment, they...
BenefitWalletCCC

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the ACH reimbursement option or our call center agent. Our service management team would like to learn more about your specific situation and research your concerns.

If you would send a private message with your contact information to us at info. mybenefitwallet at Conduent dot com, one of our senior service managers would be eager to get in touch with you. We look forward to connecting with you and working towards providing your resolution and restoring satisfaction. The experience you posted is not within our usual ACH reimbursement process and the customer service you reported is not on our expected exemplary level.

We also apologize if there was any miscommunication during your call. Our quality department will review the recorded call and will address any possible training opportunities found. For general information and to clarify the correct BenefitWallet processes: Please be assured BenefitWallet would not and cannot take or use any of the funds in your Health Savings Account. Also, know it is never our intent to provide incorrect information.

The "monetary loss" of $750 that you mentioned could only have come from theft and fraud of your debit card or checks. BenefitWallet takes fraud very seriously and you should call us and report it immediately if this has occurred in your HSA. If a debit transaction is cancelled, the funds would remain in your HSA and this is not a monetary loss. For the protection of our members' accounts, we have standard banking security measures in place.

Members may be required to verify some ACH debits from the account to ensure they were actually created by the account holder. A BenefitWallet representative makes a phone call to alert the member and to confirm these transactions. This may be the reason, if it was paused, for the security of your account. We make the call the day the transaction was initiated, if within usual business hours.

You are able to pay more than one provider in a day. After the confirmation, the payment is released.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.

Preferred solution
will be moving funds to another company
1.4
This is happening to me since 2017. I submit documents from my dentist with all the information they require and get 'Denied' over and over again. Have lost hundreds of dollars. I call and get someone who says the will read my notes and all the submissions but they...
BenefitWalletCCC

-Please accept our apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the FSA claims process. Our service management team would like to learn more about your specific situation and research your concerns.

If the employee were to forfeit any remaining funds in the account, these funds would be returned to their employer, in accordance with IRS guidelines. Please also understand that the claims department's responsibility is to manage claims; they are not in a call center environment.

Please be assured if you have additional questions that you feel the call center agent does not fully address, there are higher-level supervisors that can speak with you. Thank you for your patience.

Benefitwallet Account
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Unresponsive and non-existent service and follow thru-up
  • Providing requested backup material then not getting reimbursed

Contact BenefitWallet Customer Service

1.5
Compare
1.7

Update by user Aug 13

In the earlier go-around, we received proceeds of the account only to have the refund check returned as INSUFFICIENT FUNDS. This of course was due to the monthly billing cycle continuing after the check was cut. Truly remarkable.

Update by user Aug 13

We thought we closed out the account...

BenefitWalletCCC

If you would send a private message with your contact information to us at info. Mybenefitwallet at Conduent dot com, one of our senior service managers would be eager to get in touch with you. Once we obtain your account information, we will be able to confirm the account is closed or close the account for you. For general information: As with any checking account, there is the possibility that you can overdraw your account.

As stated in your rate and fee schedule, there is a standard banking NSF fee for overdrawn items. The monthly maintenance fee applies to your account on the last business day of the month, for that month. The rate and fee schedule is provided to you during your employer's health plan enrollment period and again in the terms and conditions of the HSA, which you had to agree to, in order to open your account. You can view these fees and all transactions in your account activity at my BenefitWallet.

com, the same site you have to access in order to issue a check with DirectPay. Statement reminders are sent as well. If your employer's health insurance plan was terminated recently and the monthly maintenance fee had not prior posted to your account, we could reverse that maintenance fee and the NSF fee, as a courtesy. Like a regular checking account, it is the account holder's responsibility to monitor their account, keep track of their transactions and to close their account if they do not want to use it.

It would not close automatically by emptying it. In reference to your comment: "we received proceeds of the account; the refund check": Please be assured, BenefitWallet agents do not have the access to your account to issue a check for you.

If you were issued a Bank check from BNY Mellon, the account would have been closed prior to you receiving the check. We look forward to connecting with you and working towards providing your resolution and restoring satisfaction.

Benefitwallet Health Savings Account
Cons
  • Hidden fees for non-use and minimum balance impossible to stop
  • Convoluted customer service
Bad quality
Preferred solution
The account must be CLOSED. This time.
  • Benefit Wallet Hsa